The Smuthub Standard
At Smuthub, it’s crucial to prioritize quality over quantity when it comes to accepting story submissions. Accepting only high-quality submissions improves user experience, attracts more readers, and works to build a stronger community. By setting high standards and rejecting submissions that don’t meet them, we ensure that The Smuthub continues to provide readers with engaging, well-written content. While it may mean rejecting some submissions, prioritizing quality is ultimately for the authors and readers alike.
See below for guidance on how successfully submit a story on The Smuthub and have your story reach thousands of readers!
To publish a story on The Smuthub, you must agree to the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age and are legally able to write, publish, and read erotic content.
- You, as the exclusive creator of the work, hold the copyright and hereby authorize The Smuthub to publish the submitted work, granting them legal publishing rights.
- Your work does not contain any nonpublishable content as defined in our Content Limitations.
- You grant The Smuthub the right to use all legal means available to protect your published work from unauthorized use by other parties.
Your story must reach the follow requirements:
- You must be a member to publish on Smuthub. Join Smuthub for free or Login if you’re already a member.
- Stories must be at least 500 words in length. There is no maximum length.
- Spellcheck and edit your stories for grammatical errors. Spelling and grammar don’t have to be perfect but excessive mistakes will cause a story to be denied as it affects the reading experience.
- Break your story up into reasonably sized paragraphs. Stories are often read on small screen devices where excessively long paragraphs fatigue some readers. Stories with few/no paragraph breaks may be sent back for further editing.
- Text formatting supported in stories is Bold, Italics, Underline, Align Center, and Align Right.
Your story may not contain the following:
- Sexual activity involving characters under the age of 18 (including but not limited to explicit sexual discussion, voyeurism, exhibitionism, fantasizing, masturbation, and graphic sexualized descriptions, in addition to actual sexual intercourse). Smuthub has always had a strict policy against any under-18 content, and any attempt to violate that policy is grounds for account termination.
- Any material supporting, encouraging, or defending any type of child abuse and/or child exploitation.
- Celebrity stories or fan fiction in which the characters are artificially aged – that is, under 18 years old in reality or in the source material, but made to be over 18 for the story.
- Copyrighted material for which the submitter is not the owner of the copyright, or for which the submitter does not have an explicit license from the copyright owner to publish the work at The Smuthub.
- Bestiality – sexual activity between humans and real-life animals will not be published; human sex with fantasy characters, monsters, furries, anthro, etc. are allowed.
- Sexualized death, “vore”, or “snuff” fiction. Characters are allowed to kill or die in stories, but the death should not be intended as sexually titillating.
- Ravishment/non-consent fantasies in which the “victim” receives no thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and/or permanently physically harmed/abused/maimed/killed.
- Sexualized maiming, amputation, and female or male circumcision. We happily accept stories of amputees and their devotees, but do not post stories sexualizing the act of amputation or permanent physical harm.
- Ravishment, nonconsensual, dubiously consensual, or consensual-nonconsensual fantasies involving real-life people, groups/organizations, or copyrighted characters. Smuthub does not publish non-con fanfic.
- Works that promote or glorify hate, intolerance, or violence towards any person or group.
- Works that promote real (non-fictional) prostitution or sex work. These themes and topics may be used freely in fictional stories, but authors may not promote any real-life sex work services or real-life prostitution services.
- Works that advocate for readers to engage in any real-life (non-fictional) activity that is illegal in the United States.
- Works professed to be true about real people. You can tell true stories but names or any other details that might allude to the real subjects must be changed to protect those that may be affected.
- Teasers, partial works, excerpts of offsite works, or any work that appears to be a promotion for other platforms.
- Visual representations (photographs or video) of any real person engaged in “actual sexually explicit conduct” as defined by 18 U.S.C. 2257.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove any content or work that the community finds disruptive (or that causes harm to the community or any member of the community) for any or no reason.
Image guidelines & Limitations
One of Smuthub’s key features is cover images to help with the imagination of the story. But we still maintain a strong brand guideline when it comes to image as we want to encourage healthy sex lives and provide a safe alternative to more graphic options.
- Images may not include nudity or graphic sexuality. The Smuthub encourages erotic seduction of the imagination and therefore doesn’t want to display images or videos that may hijack the imagination.
- Images may not suggest characters under 18 years of age are involved in sexual situations.
- Images may not depict graphic violence. Bondage, allusions to rough but consensual sex, and fantasy blood such as on the fangs of a vampire are allowed but we will not promote dangerous violence.
- Images must have a minimum width of 400px.